About Me

My name is Tracy and I am married to an amazing man, his name is Thomas! We are a busy family that is always on the go between church, school, work and sports.... we are not a sitting around kind of family. We have 4 amazing children and are working on bringing home Elias to make 5. My hubby is Deaf and I am a sign language interpreter,we are very involved in the Deaf community and are excited to be adding another Deaf member to our family. Our kids, Aaron-19, Luke-11, Tommy-10 and Paige-5 are anxious for their new brother to be home. This is our second adoption and we are learning more everyday to lean on God, this journey is already strengthening our faith! We are working on learning how to turn everything over to God and know that He has a perfect plan and all will happen in His time! Good things come to those who wait.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

AWAITING I-800-A approval!

We are in a "holding pattern" while we wait for our approval of our I-800A. We went in early Monday morning and were fingerprinted. Our appointment was Aug31st but we took the risk and went in early. Our dossier (all of our paperwork going to China) is due in China on Aug 21st and our that is the end of our 1 month extension. Plus Aaron is heading off to College on Aug 21st so how would Aug 31st have worked for us? Sooo we decided to take a chance and the Lord watched over us and made a way! We walked into the office and a very nice lady behind the desk didn't even glance at our date on our papers. She whisked us right in and had us sit down. After we came in she switched places with another woman and that woman was inspecting peoples hands and checking dates (she sent one family away as their time wasn't until the afternoon) so we just missed having her check us in by 2 minutes..... Then as we sit waiting our turn one of the men my husband coaches football with comes across the room and heads into the supervisors office... turns out he is the supervisor of that office and runs the whole thing... Thank you Lord! He made sure everyone knew who we were and that we were well taken care of. We could not have asked for more. So the fingerprinting was done Monday morning, I called the USCIS that afternoon to let them know we were printed very early and hope that an officer was assigned to our case, and we had just been assigned an officer that morning. I got to speak with him and let him know we went in early. He said if everything is approved the fingerprint results should be back in 3-5 days and then if approved we would get our I-800A approval in the mail after that..... So now we wait! When the approval comes back I will drive it to Trenton to get State Sealed and then quickly get it to Madison so they can get it Consulate Authenticated for me. Then and only then can my dossier be sent to China and we can finally say we are DTC, (dossier to China) after that await LID (Log in Date) then we await LOA (letter of Acceptance) and then we hit Article 5 (which I believe that has a few steps involved) after that we get TA (travel appointment) and then we are off to get our son! So for now we wait and we count days until our approval comes and then we wait and we count days for the next thing.. I do predict a lot of counting!!!!!  But we are getting closer and closer to LUKE! We are working as hard and fast as we can to come get you!  

1 comment:

Jewels of My Heart said...

Just found your blog through the email you sent out with the yahoo group.
Your son is so handsome. What a little sweety! Can't wait to see him safely home with his family!
Our daughter is in the same orphanage. We are in the same place with our dossier too... who knows, maybe we will travel together in China. Praying it will be sooner than what it is looking like.
I am so excited to see the pics of him with his care package. I am having one sent but wanted to send one myself too and now it looks like our Isabella will get it.
Our son was born in Russia and our daughters Hannah and Isabella were both born in China. Isabella is still waiting there for us.
Hope we can become friends and please know if you ever need someone to encourage you, cry with you, pray for and with you, just email me.
God bless you all and I will be praying for you.

Gods Speed....
Daleea

Our little boy!

Our little boy!
Opening up my care package from my family!

Curious what he is thinking!

Curious what he is thinking!
Checking out my Family for the 1st time ever! (this pic is of my new Brothers and Sister!)

His first reaction after seeing us

His first reaction after seeing us
This is my Forever Family!

Some goodies from the care package

Some goodies from the care package
Some of my new books

This picture makes me cry every time I see it!

This picture makes me cry every time I see it!
My 1st picture of my mommy and daddy! They say I love to look at my pictures again and again!

Studying our faces....

Studying our faces....
Checking out my new family again!

Look at that face!

Look at that face!
Checking out my new books

Aaron's Graduation

Aaron's Graduation
We are so Proud!

Xin Hai's name in Chinese!

福新

Fu XinHai

Xin Hai

Xin Hai
Isnt he the cutest ever?

Aaron's Senior Prom

Aaron's Senior Prom
My handsome Son, Aaron

Aarons prom

Aarons prom
Paige, Aaron and Tommy

My Family

My Family
The Worrell Family

Our Precious one

Our Precious one
Xin Hai in 2008 - so precious! Love that smile!

adoption countdown

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers